If something happened to you today, would your loved ones have all the necessary information and documents to carry out your wishes? The Law Office of Keith D. Peterson of Houston, Texas provides in-depth estate planning services for individuals across the area including setting up your powers of attorney.
A power of attorney is simply a legal document that gives someone else legal power to act on your behalf in the event that you’re incapacitated. In order to be power of attorney for someone in the state of Texas you must:
- Have the document signed in public by a notary
- Be in a good mental state when signing the document
- Ensure that your power of attorney is of legal age (at least 18 years old)
In addition, there are different types of powers of attorney including:
- General power of attorney
- Durable power of attorney
- Medical power of attorney
- Financial power of attorney
Our estate planning attorney will help you navigate this process from start to finish. When you work with our knowledgeable attorney in creating your powers of attorney you’ll have someone on your side to provide support, guidance, and representation when needed.
Contact our Houston, Texas office today to schedule an initial estate planning consultation!